As a charity we have a commitment is to offer FREE first aid training to B93 and beyond so as to create individuals within the local community with the skills, confidence and ability to provide lifesaving support in the event of a medical emergency.
There are various courses that we can offer although we can provide bespoke courses for individual groups with specific needs.
Target groups; Anyone from 5—105 years as the training is tailored to the group. See gallery for a flavour of the different events .
The courses we provide are
- General awareness / talk duration 45 – 60 minutes
Chain of survival how simple interventions can be life saving, general talk and question session .
- First Aid
- What to do with an unconscious patient
- Dealing with choking, bleeding and falls .
- Recognising symptoms of a stroke , heart attack and sepsis .
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation ( CPR ) in the event of cardiac arrest
- Awareness of Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) and promote confidence in their use.
- Defibrillator awareness
- Understanding how the heart works
- Recognising a heart attack and cardiac arrest
- Understand the importance of the chain of survival
- The importance of effective cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in a cardiac arrest
- How an Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) works and how to confidently activate
- Care and management of Automatic External Defibrillators (AED)
- First aid awareness for young people.
These are bespoke course for schools, scouts , cubs , beavers and guides, rainbow groups in consultation with providers
If you are interested in being trained or can provide a free venue for training ( the group have no funding for room hire )